Jurgen Klopp, the manager of Liverpool, provides an update on the touchline ban following the tense match against Manchester City.
against West Ham on Wednesday night.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has spoken about his team's tumultuous 1-0 win over Manchester City ahead of their next game against West Ham on Thursday night. During the weekend's victory at Anfield, the German was sent off for yelling at a linesman. And, in the short time since, relations between the two Premier League superpowers have deteriorated even further.
On Sunday evening, Liverpool defeated Manchester City, with Mohamed Salah scoring the only goal to give the Reds all three points.
However, it was a tense encounter on Merseyside, with tempers flaring.
Prior to the game, Klopp infuriated City by criticizing their wealth and implying that the same rules that everyone else must follow do not apply to them. Following the match at Anfield, the Reds accused the German of 'borderline xenophobia.'
Liverpool, on the other hand, is enraged after the away end was defaced with vile insults about the Hillsborough and Heysel disasters in the 1980s.
The feud is showing no signs of abating, as the two rivals continue to vent their rage at one another, with Klopp also being sent off during the game.
And now, ahead of his team's game on Thursday, the German has spoken out, insisting he has yet to hear about a possible ban.
"I believe I'll be there [on the sidelines] because nothing has happened yet," he explained.
"I still believe I should have handled the situation differently, as I usually do." "It was an intense game that both managers struggled to understand with some calls." "I'm not pleased with my reaction."
Prior to the match against City, he stated, "It should not [detract from the result]."
"We don't have to be best friends, but I'm sure anyone would like to hang out with us." It's standard competition. It all started with the question, which I answered, and the rest was made up of it "I stated that I respect what they are doing, but my response was still not acceptable to some people.
"It's a huge mistake if a guy throws a coin. It was an outstanding performance against a formidable opponent." In a football game, I saw things I didn't want to see "After the game, everyone is talking about what I said and what they thought of it. That should not be the case, but I have no control over it."
He went on: "My English is insufficient to express how important it is.
"My English isn't good enough to express how important it was [to beat City]," he continued. From every angle, it was the performance we required. I don't want to leave out our fans because what they've done this season has been outstanding. Our fans quickly realized that this was not the start we desired, and the way they reacted and performed in home games was outstanding. Special."
Comments