Following "improper behavior" in Liverpool's victory over Manchester City, Jurgen Klopp has been charged.

 


The Football Association has charged Jurgen Klopp for acting improperly during Sunday's 1-0 victory for Liverpool over Manchester City.

Due to his actions in the 86th minute of the game, the Reds manager has been found in violation of FA Rule E3. After Bernardo Silva's missed foul on Mohamed Salah, Klopp became enraged and yelled in the assistant referee's face.

Antony Taylor was given a red card for his actions at the time, and the FA has since accused him of improper conduct.

FA's statement said: "Following the Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Manchester City on Sunday [16/10/22], Jurgen Klopp was accused of violating FA Rule E3.

"The Liverpool FC manager has until Friday [21/10/22] to respond to the allegations made regarding his actions in the 86th minute of this game.

The Liverpool manager, who will manage his team against West Ham United on Wednesday, apologized for his response during this morning's press conference. Klopp will take the field in the dugout.

Jurgen Klopp, the manager of Liverpool, provides an update on the touchline ban following the tense match against Manchester City.

It is clear to me where David (Moyes) was coming from, Klopp said. "I still believe that I ought to have handled the circumstance otherwise. I usually do." After the game, I clarified that you couldn't have put me in this mood at this time. None at all. But maybe in a small way, the entire game contributed to that. The way the game played out, it was a very, very intense match with many decisions that neither of the managers on either side could explain.

"For me, it was like—I don't know—the one drop that made the bucket overflow, as they say in Germany. Although I don't like how I responded, everyone saw it that way.

"After the game, I sat in Anthony Taylor's office and talked completely calmly about every circumstance. How I and he each perceived the game. It was an entirely calm conversation.

"That is the circumstance. We're waiting for the process after I received a red card."

Klopp has until Friday in order to respond to the accusation, as stated in the FA statement.

Comments